Want to be a part of the solution? Join our team! Guided by God’s love for all people, Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia provides comprehensive, compassionate services, collaborates with community partners and advocates for those in need in order to empower and enrich lives.
Current Job Vacancies
Director of Mental Health Department
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Director of Mental Health Department to manage the Mental Health Department and School Assistance Program at our Virginia Beach Office (4855 Princess Anne Road). The ideal candidate will be licensed in the state of Virginia as a LPC and will have at least two years post-licensure experience. The ideal candidate will have experience supervising residents and interns, as well as completed the appropriate supervisory training approved by the VA Board of Counseling. The following additional characteristics are what we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Have the ability to multitask and work well under crisis situations maintaining safety for staff and clients.
- Participate in and set up on-call rotations with staff.
- Flexibility to work evenings.
- Recruit, interview and train incoming staff.
- Maintain good relationships with local schools that provide interns/residents and be able to attract quality staff.
- Provide monthly trainings for staff and quarterly meetings and trainings for School Assistance Program.
- Conduct performance evaluations of staff and manage staff.
- Maintain own caseload of clients
- Maintain all case management of clients
- Be familiar with community resources, maintain current partnerships in community and seek out new partnerships/opportunities to grow and expand department
- Participate in Leadership Team meetings
- Collaborate with Directors and Departments as needed
- Assist with work fundraising events and presentations for CCEVA.
The candidate will have acceptance of CCEVA Mission and Values and Catholic Charities Code of Ethics including the seven Principles of Catholic Social Training. The candidate should be computer literate, a self-starter, well organized, and have a valid Virginia driver’s license. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 757-456-2367. EOE