Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia accepts car donations anytime and in any condition! All donations directly support our life changing programs. We accept working cars, which we may keep for use by the agency in transporting our clients to appointments or allow our case managers to use it in visiting clients, etc. Non-operational cars are also accepted and proceeds from the sale of these vehicles goes to help fund all the programs of Catholic Charities.
It’s easy! Our goal is to make donating your car as easy as possible. We will help you through the process and handle all of the paperwork. There are no costs for donating your car and it’s a great tax deduction; you will receive an IRS donation receipt for the value of your car.
Donate Your Car Today
Call 757-456-2366 and ask to speak to a member of the Development Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of cars do you accept as donations?
- We accept car donations of any make, model, and year!
- What condition must the car be in?
- The car may be in any condition, it does not need to run, we often tow cars (at our cost).
- What paperwork is needed to donate?
- You must provide the title to the car (signed over to Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia) and the keys!
- Should I leave the license plates on the car?
- No, please remove the license plates the day of your donation and you will return them to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- How do I coordinate the donation?
- Call 757-456-2366 and you will be connected with a member of our Development team. They will take your information and arrange for the car to be picked up by our auction company at your convenience.
- Will you give the car to a needy family?
- Unfortunately, we can not give the car to a family as many can not take on the burden of the repairs. If the car is repairable or running, we may keep it at Catholic Charities for use by the agency in transporting our clients to appointments or allow our case managers to use it in visiting clients, etc.
- If the car is not repairable, the auction company will auction the car and send the proceeds for Catholic Charities to use in our programs. Our programs directly benefit those in need in Hampton Roads!
- Will you provide documentation for my taxes?
- Yes, once the car sells, you will receive a letter which indicates the date and amount the car sold for!